Our site on the river Trent has been in use since the 1950’s when Ken Langford and others started to train here, they used to use the bridge arches as changing rooms (cue Yorkshireman sketch). They formally started the club in 1973 and as Stone was a major training venue (pre HPP) secured funding through the “centres of excellence” program to build the old wooden club house which was built in the late 70’s.
Time lapse of building work
November 2010 till May 2011
After over twenty years of use, the wooden building was deemed too small, not accessible for disability users and falling apart having exceeded its life span.
Ten years of work was undertaken to secure tenure to the site, followed by obtaining the necessary planning and environmental permissions.
Funding for the project came from the following sources: